Create highly available resource pool by adding another Management Server to an existing Management Group
After installation of the first SCOM Management Server and after creation of the first Management Group you can add additional management servers and join them to the existing management group. Multiple management servers joined in a single management group ensure that your monitoring service is fault-tolerant and multiple management servers are able to handle larger workload and greater number of clients.
Add SCOM Management Server to existing management group
In order to have highly available monitoring solution you need to install another SCOM Management Server to another VM or physical server.
Microsoft System CLR Types for Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (required by Report Viewer)
- Go to: Microsoft System CLR Types for Microsoft SQL Server 2012
Microsoft Report Viewer 2012 Runtime (required by SCOM console)
- Download: Microsoft Report Viewer 2012 Runtime
Install SCOM Management server and Console
- Login as member of SCOM Administrators.
- Install Management server and Operations console.
- Add a management server to an existing management group.
- Select database, named instance and table.
- Select same Operations Manager accounts as in the previous installation when the new management group was created.
- And do not forgot to install the latest patches.